I just wanted to update you on how the weekend went with all the activities. Friday marked the return of two of our great friends (Leonie and Sophie) that left last July for Paraguay to teach for almost a year. It was such a blessing to see both of their smiling faces at their welcome home party. Last year I spent a good amount of time with them talking about the gospel and building friendships. It was sad to see them leave last summer, but what a joy it was to see them again. It was so encouraging to hear that they both are eager to get involved with the church again. Praise God that He has held them while they were away. Please be in prayer that they both will come to saving faith. This is a picture at their party. Sorry I didn't get a good picture with them, but I will try to take one soon so you can see them both.
On Saturday the softball team had a double-header 2 hours away from Neuenburg. The boys are used to playing two games, but I will tell you us wimpy girls are not. It was a long day of softball, but we had a good time. We did not end up winning either of the games but we played okay the first game...the second game was not as successful. We have a game on Saturday that we should win, I will tell you how it goes. On a positive note we did get new batting helmets that are aerodynamic....with the level we play aerodynamics is REALLY important!! hahah!!
Andrea's Uncle and Grandmother came to game. It was nice to meet them.
The field was very interesting. It was slanted downhill towards right field and as you can see had some beautiful flowers in the outfield!
The best part of the trip was seeing this beautiful view that was on the opposite side of the street. Kathy, a fellow outfielder, and I wanted to turn and look at the view the whole game because it was so breathtaking.
On Sunday I had my first tennis match which ended up being a lot of fun even if it was not super successful. It started at 9 a.m and the girls team had 3 courts to play 6 singles and 3 doubles matches. Needless to say it was a long day. I played in the 4th slot for singles and ended up winning pretty easily (6-0, 6-1). Unfortunately I was the only person to win my singles match, so the doubles were just for fun. Here I am serving.


So there you have the update. It was a busy weekend but I know the Lord is working here in Neuenburg. I am excited to see what He has in store in the future. Please pray for opportunities to share the Gospel and that girls hearts would be softened to accept it.
This was my doubles partner, Bettina. She was really nice even though I kept hitting it into the net.
Here I am in action. I am going to have to practice doubles a little more, I was really rusty.
If you couldn't get a good picture with Leonie Sophie at least you got a good picture with Stephen. :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you!
Love,
Jenna Deaton (and Douglas)
Hi-larious helmets!! Thank you for modeling one in the picture so all of us could picture the sleek design. I miss you friend but am loving your recent posts! Still praying for you.
ReplyDelete