My closest friends can attest to my love of the circus. I am not sure why I love the circus, but I really do. To most people the clowns tend to be creepy the smells are less than appealing and the thought of men in spandex is appalling. Although the above mentioned are not on my top 20 favorite's list, I still like the circus. There is something a little mysterious about the performers with their strange costumes, interesting makeup, and nomad existence. I can still remember the tiger cup we ended up with after my first circus experience.
I did not know what to expect from a German circus and to top it off the Kaiser family circus. Needless to say I went into it with low expectations, but must admit I was pretty impressed. I took one of the little girls from our church TIA KELLEY with me. Here we are in the tent.
We had to take some pictures while we waited for the circus to start. Tia liked this clown and she thought I looked just like the high-wire performer...can't you see the resemblance (hahah!). I am thinking about wearing a feather headdress sometime to work.
The show began with horses running around and doing tricks like walking in circles and stepping up on the outside of the ring. It was entertaining and the old man that was directing them was cute in his red and gold suit.
I began to get a little suspicious
when the act that followed was a 12 year old girl named "Anita Kaiser" that basically hula-hooped for 15 minutes with a grand finale of 30 hoops going once around her body and falling to the ground. It was a valiant effort, but I could have done the same thing if I was wearing a feather headdress. The rest of the show proceeded to whittle away at the mystery of the circus and leave me with a feeling of "I will clap for you 12 year old Anita Kaiser!"
The show was helped by the performance of camels, elephants, llamas, and ostriches which ran around and sat on things. Here are a couple more pictures from the day's performances. During intermission you could visit the animals outside and we got an up-close and personal view.
This performance was the best one of the day. He kept going higher and higher and would do handstands each time. I even heard a couple gasps from the audience! Can you imagine if they saw Cirque du Soleil.
I like the way this picture turned out. No flash was allowed during the performances.
Tia got a little close to the longhorn!
It was a first for me to see humpback camels.
Trying to get the horse to show his teeth!
I think Tia almost got run over by the elephant. They were taking him inside for kids to pay for rides. He was looking a little droopy and sad. Well hope you liked the circus. It was an interesting experience!
I remember the tiger cup.
ReplyDeleteOh Laura,you are so fun!! Tia is so cute!!!
ReplyDelete