5.27.2009

The "WOODS"

Early in the week I was asked if I wanted to go the "the woods party" on Saturday night with a bunch of people. I was so excited all week thinking up all kinds crazy scenarios that would happen at a "woods party." I figured we would have to hike for a while to find this hidden party that would be in the middle of nowhere. I was told there was going to be a band, so of course I imagine this underground band that may be famous in the future playing in the dark with trees surrounding them. I talked to everyone about it, asking if they had ever been to one and what it was like. To my surprise no one had really been to one supposedly and they did not tell me anything about it. Needless to say I was really excited about going and kind of nervous. I thought it was going to be way cooler than anything I had ever been to. We began our journey around 9 pm on Saturday night and I wore my cutest outfit of course. We met at "little montgomery" (my house) and then proceeded to Desiree's house to catch up with everyone else. We all piled into about 5 cars and pulled out for the great adventure. I was filling with anticipation with each mile (or kilometer here) and then suddenly after about 5 minutes in the car we all started to turn onto this small side street. All I could think was "it is all starting," and then suddenly we stopped. The "WOODS" party was nowhere even near the woods, it was a stage with a bunch of picnic tables lined up. There was no hiking unless you count squeezing in between a shrub and the car. I could not believe they were calling this a "woods" party in the middle of the Black Forest. The underground band playing in the dark that I had expected was 2 guys who played American covers and went by the name "Queerbeet. Seriously, that was there name. They actually were pretty good at the beginning, as the night proceeded they started to play German music that even the German's did not like. We did end up having a lot of fun and enjoyed watching the older couples dance. I think the senior citizen age outnumbered us by double. Here are some of the pictures from the night.

Here is Matt, the new intern from New York. He is playing baseball with Alex and is a huge Yankees fan....the southerners are completely outnumbered, and I am not sure I even count Alex.

Here is a group of guys: Marc, Sebi (one of my coaches), Oezi (internet genius), and Alex.

Here is Kathy and me.

Claudine and Andrea were trying to do the sorority pose, and I think they mastered it. Andrea did try to cross her legs at first, but I told here that is not part of the pose.

Stephen thought it was a "forest party" and dressed up like he was a lumberjack. I have no idea why tucking your jeans into your socks helps, but apparently in the world of Stephen it does. He also brought his work gloves for no reason what so ever. He definitely got some looks.

Here is Desiree and Stephen. Notice the tractor hat as well, I guess he wanted to look like he could drive a tractor in case anyone asked or got stranded in the "woods."

The girls.

It was a really entertaining night even without the mystery or "woods." We had great fellowship and the opportunity to hang out with a larger group than usual. Thanks everyone for your prayers and I will keep you updated on things that are happening. love lg

No comments:

Post a Comment