4.02.2009

The Beginning

So as many of you know (the people who will actually read this) at the end of April I am setting off on a 6 month adventure to Germany. With the departure date quickly approaching, I decided to start a blog to keep everyone updated on the happenings. As of right now, I am attempting to collect all necessities that one might need in a foreign country...converters, travel documents, footwear, etc., while "warming up" my  softball skills that I will need upon arrival. I know what you are thinking, "Laura, you don't have any softball skills!" and all I can say to that is: sadly, you are right...but not for long! 

Many of you may think once you are past the age of 22 the only acceptable sports to pick up are tennis or golf. Well, little did you know that softball is the new tennis. I am currently learning how to throw and catch a softball in the driveway, along with how to swing a "bat" (or in my case a curtain rod, because I don't own a bat). I am destined for greatness. If only I started when I was 20, I probably could have played for the olympic team! With all that said, if anyone wants to give me lessons let me know! 

On a more serious note,  I am really excited about all the Lord has in store for me in Germany and would ask you to please be in prayer as to how He would use me to expand His Kingdom and build relationships with the local community. 27 days and counting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment