4.28.2009

Last Minute Adventures

So in my last post I mentioned a few of Montgomery's finest hot spots: Jalapenos, Biscuits baseball, my backyard, and of course Target. With that in mind I thought I might give you a few more which I have made a special effort to visit before I leave you and head over to Germany. I had the wonderful opportunity to eat with two of my oldest friends on Saturday night at the always delicious Tomatino's. There is something about childhood friendships that put you completely at ease, maybe it is that they have seen it all and still stand by you. I love how comfortable the atmosphere becomes when you can let your guard down and truly talk about your life. It does not hurt either to have a little pizza to push the conversation along. After the Italian feast, Christy (who you may remember as my partner in crime from the batting cages) surprised me with what may be the greatest goodie bag of all time. All I can say is that I have enough double bubble to feed a small army or better yet a softball team! It was such a treat I documented it with a picture.

Next on the list of places to make a pit stop had to be the TPS staple Chappy's Deli. How can you go wrong with a menu like that? To round out my time in Montgomery I felt it essential to visit a personal favorite and what some may consider the highlight of the city: SNOWBIZ! How often can you get a deliciously refreshing snow cone (margarita and vanilla flavor) while gazing out on the Toys-R-Us parking lot and taking in the intoxicating smell of Captain D's. I am sure you are getting in your car right now to visit yourself! So that rounds out the best of the best and I hope you take some time to experience it yourself. I leave on Thursday and will hopefully not have any problems, please pray that the journey would go smoothly and I am not a zombie when I get their.  My next post will actually be from Germany!

2 comments:

  1. SNOBIZ!!!!!
    YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Laura! I will be praying for you as you travel to Germany..we attend Eastwood and we were there when Pastor A prayed over you..Grace to you and continue to Run the race with endurance!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete