4.25.2009

Biscuits

It seems as though the time I have left on Alabama soil is diminishing at a rapid pace. To soak in all that truly is Montgomery I have diligently been trying to hit the hot spots before I leave.  As you know Montgomery is full of such places and to really experience them all you have to allow a good 2 days. I have made the quintessential Target run to pick up a buggy full of things I probably don't really need, except for the new watch I got for 12.99! I have also made a point to eat at Jalapenos and devour my last greasy Mexican meal accompanied by the soothing sounds of screaming children and of course the fountain in the middle of the restaurant. Yesterday I had the opportunity to lay by my very own fountain in the backyard while I soaked up the rays and threw the ball for my dog. To round out the day of adventures I decided to do a little research on my new sport of choice...baseball. I had the immense pleasure of watching the Biscuits play the Baybears and win in a very exciting game where I was not hit by a foul ball (seems to always makes for a positive experience). I must say baseball is not a sport to watch alone and knowing that I called in reinforcements which included: my parents, hillary, elizabeth, and my newest friend Kiesha. Towards the middle of the game we all decided that I might need to invest in some safety gear such as a mouth guard, some kind of face shield, knee pads, or just about anything that might help me from the future injuries that are sure to come. It was a wonderful night to cheer on the Biscuits and here are some pictures from the night.

Go Biscuits Go!

Kiesha's first Biscuits Game!

The ever beautiful Elizabeth and Hillary!

My Victory Cry!

Needless to say it was a perfect night to enjoy baseball and the fellowship of great friends. Please continue to pray for my journey to Germany, I leave April 30th and am expectant of all the Lord has in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment