So I know this is what everyone really wants to see, so I am going to give you a glimpse of me in action on the softball field. All joking aside, I actually have been enjoying softball and I am not completely terrible. We had a game on Saturday that we won 19-9 and I scored twice! Although I did get on base once by walking, I did also get a hit. I know you are all laughing at the thought of me hitting and rightly so. I did not realize I had no idea how to run the bases until I was on first. It was an interesting experience, but I did score so I guess it went okay. A group of girls on the team made chocolate chip cookies and gave some to our coaches, so they have been nice to me even with my lack of softball knowledge. It always a good idea to bribe people. Here are some of the pictures of me and the team.
This is Theresa, she is the catcher and my batting partner. She is super cute and a great dancer!
This is Andrea. She is the pitcher and is awesome at rock band singing (we started a band after bible study, I "play" the drums...I am about as good at drums as I am at softball!)
This is Claudine and Desiree at practice. Claud is the short stop and Desi plays first base. They are both really good and we have a lot of fun messing around together. Claud is my personal driver and I am so thankful to have her help me so I don't have to ride my ghetto bike!
Here I am at my first practice. I was trying to show off my sweet cleats.
This is Marie, Nadine, and Natasha. Marie is my outfield friend, we don't catch too many balls, but we have a lot of fun trying. We are always really hungry and end up talking about food the whole time at practice. Nadine and Natasha play 3rd and 2rd respectively.
Here is Andrea again and Kathy. Kathy is hilarious and we had an awesome beat box session in the dugout during the game on Saturday. She plays in the outfield as well, so we continually talk about Mexican food and are going to make tacos soon!
Well that is the update for softball, we are having a great time and we actually won a game so that is exciting. I will be posting pictures from an all white party I went to soon (and I have to add it was supposed to be for high schoolers!). Stay tuned!
Laura, it is so fun to see the pictures and read about the girls you are playing with. I have met many of them especially last October on our visit there. Pastor Aaron is working on a trip to come to Germany mid June to see you all. I wish I could come, but I'll have to wait until October. Give my love to all the girls!
ReplyDeleteLove, Chris
Laura,
ReplyDeleteI have really enjoyed your blog and getting to know you through it. Your apt. looks lovely, especially the balcony. I really hope it works out for MB to visit you or you her this July. Tonight is our family mission prayer time, but the kids are all busy tonight, so Mr. Perry and I will be praying for you and the guys. One of my prayers for you is that you would not be lonely or homesick. It looks like you have been able to get to know the girls quickly and that they are lots of fun. I am so glad that the Lord has helped you with softball and congrats on the WIN and HIT. As someone who is athletically challenged I am in awe of what you are doing! (In high school when we played softball the girls fought over who had to have me on their team... we had her yesterday; it's your turn!)
Thanks for keeping us all up to date in your wonderful adventure. Love, Miss Libby
Oh, I am so happy that I get to keep up with you and your ministry through your blog. Hope everything is going well!
ReplyDelete~Keisha